Sleep - It is a natural state of bodily rest,observed in boith humans and animals.
There are many types of sleep disorders, Below are few disorders of sleep.
1. Insomnia: It is a type of disorder in which a person has difficulty in falling asleep and staying asleep.
- There are three subtypes of Insomnia:
Transient – It lasts form from few days to weeks.
Acute - It lasts from weeks to 6 months.
Chronic - It lasts months to years.
Bruxism : It is a type of sleep disorder characterized by grinding of teeth in the sleep.
Sleep Apnea : It is characterized by breathing problem in sleep.
Hypopnea : It is a term for termination of breathing during sleep.
- Narcolepsy : It is chronic sleep disorder characterized by drowsiness and sudden attacks of sleep during day time.
- Cataplexy : It is characterized by loss of muscle tone during sleep.
Sleep walking or Somnambulism
What is Translation?
Translation is a process of formation of Protein from mRNA template(synthesized by transcription).
- After the mRNA is synthesized by the process of Transcription, Its time for Protein Synthesis
- An enzyme Aminoacyl tRNA synthetase attaches tRNA to mRNA; a small ribosomal unit also attaches itself to the 5' end of mRNA strand.
- The tRNA has 3- letter anticodon which matches the 3- letter codon on the mRNA template.
- tRNA moves along the mRNA until it finds a codon(matching pair) and the large sub ribosomal unit joins it.
- The first tRNA unit drops of its amino acid, breaks off and leaves to pick up another amino acid.
- tRNA after tRNA drop off their amino acids.
- This forms a chain of amino acids linked by peptide bonds.
- When the Ribosome reaches the stop codon, the polypeptide chain is released.
Page 1 of 2